Wet age-related macular degeneration (wAMD) resources
Click on arrows to expand or collapse
These simple tools can help measure how well you can see and if there are recent changes in your vision.
The Amsler grid helps you notice changes in your vision and may help you detect wet AMD early.
Using a mirror, you will test one eye at a time. First, cover your left eye with your left hand and look at your face in the mirror. Then switch and cover your right eye with your right hand. If you notice any blurriness or other vision changes in either eye, contact your eye care professional as soon as possible.
These links will help you find support groups, patient organizations, and resources that will help you manage wAMD.
This list of questions can help guide the conversation at your next doctor’s appointment:
- What is my diagnosis?
- How will my diagnosis affect my vision?
- Do I need to make preparation for changes to my lifestyle?
- What are my treatment options?
- Can you explain the different treatment procedures and the risks and benefits associated with them?
- How often will I require treatment for each of the different procedures offered?
- Should I bring someone with me to my appointment?
- Will I be able to drive after my appointment?